Contest Callout: Got a Great Idea for Reshaping Development in LDCs?
Author: Ida Gabrielsson
Posted on 17 May 2019
Apply and win the opportunity to present your development solution at the UNSG Summit or COP 25
The UN Climate Resilience Initiative (A2R) and the Global Resilience Partnership with support from the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) are looking for innovative, scalable, and practical nature-based solutions to restore degraded lands, helping vulnerable communities in least developed countries (LDCs) to adapt to climate change and reduce risks.
There are two awards categories.
The Judges’ Choice Winner will receive funding for capacity development in the area of ecosystem restoration for an amount worth USD 10,000 as well as an all-expenses paid trip to the UN SG Climate Summit in September 2019 in New York to present their winning proposal.
The Popular Vote Winner will win an all-expenses paid trip to attend selected events at and around COP 25 in December 2019 in Santiago, where the winner will be given the opportunity to present their proposal.
Deadline for proposals is Monday 1 July 2019 at 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time.
This contest seeks proposals of concrete interventions that:
- Provide solutions which address context-specific needs within the LDC geographies
- Provide a detailed approach for the solution;
- Address how long term feasibility and local ownership could be secured in the proposed approach;
- Include a detailed budget with a timeframe for implementation (detailed budgets will be requested at semi-finalist stage).
Proposals can be at any stage of development, including:
- Well thought-out ideas that require additional research, design or planning;
- Comprehensive strategies that are ready for prototyping or implementation;
- Initiatives and projects that have already achieved success and are ready to be scaled;
- Good practices that need refinement or support in order to scale;
- Methodologies for designing or improving the design of strategies and schemes
Full application details are available at climatecolab.org. Apply today to win the opportunity to scale your solutions and improve lives!