This dialogue will showcase the role that arts, culture and heritage can play in achieving a climate-resilient world. It will highlight strategies for rooting resilience measures in the values, traditions, and wisdom of communities to help assure more durable outcomes. It will explore how to overcome the barriers to deliver 1.5-degree pathways especially on cities and the built environment.
Navin Piplani, Principal Director of the Heritage Academy at the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage
Dr Darren Peacock, Chief Executive Officer of the National Trust of South Australia
A short film (tbc)
Dr Pasang Dolma Sherpa, Executive Director of Centre for Indigenous People’s Research and Development (CIPRED), Nepal, and Co-Chair of Facilitative Working Group of Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples’ Platform (LCIP) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
Panel Discussion: Inspiring Resiliency
Framing resilience narratives in the historical continuum of communities builds confidence born of the knowledge that past uncertainties were successfully met while rooting resilience measures in the values, traditions and wisdom of the community helps assure more durable outcomes.
- Ambassador Leon Faber, Deputy Executive Director, Asia Europe Foundation, Singapore
- Dr Johannes Widodo, Director of the Master of Arts in Architectural Conservation, National University of Singapore
- Hatthaya Siriphatthanakun, Specialist in Cultural Heritage Conservation at Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organisation Regional Center for Archaeology and Fine Arts (SEAMEO SPAFA), Thailand
Roundtable: Creativity, design, art and cultural heritage as decarbonisation pathways for cities and buildings
- Professor Dr Amareshwar Galla, Executive Director of the International Institute for the Inclusive Museum
- Rosie Paul, Co-founder and Principal Architect of the Mason’s Ink (India)
- Dr Darren Peacock (Moderator), Chief Executive Officer of the National Trust of South Australia
- Elizabeth Erasito, Director of the National Trust of Fiji