The Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) advances resilience through identifying and scaling locally led innovation, generating and sharing knowledge, and shaping policy. GRP believes that resilience underpins sustainable development in an increasingly unpredictable world. We envisage an inclusive world in harmony with nature that is better prepared to cope with shocks, adapt to change, and transfrom – all within planetary boundaries. GRP is made up of 67 organisations that have joined forces to work together towards this vision.
GRP is hiring an Administration Officer who will work as part of the GRP Secretariat. The GRP Secretariat is a diverse, international team that convenes and catalyses actions by the Partners and implements specific activities on behalf of the Partnership. The Administration Officer will be part of a global, nimble team that operates and collaborates virtually, but holds offices in Cape Town, South Africa and Stockholm, Sweden. The position will work across both offices. While the position is available remotely, there is an option for a physical location in Cape Town.
This role will suit someone who is structured, reliable and perhaps has a passion for Excel. This position is best suited for someone who performs well in a fast-paced environment, sees creative solutions instead of obstacles, and who enjoys creating order. The tasks that the Administration Officer will be responsible for includes overall administrative and operational support to the whole GRP Secretariat and will work closely with the Operations and Finance Team. A portion of the position is as personal assistant to the CEO.
I. Personal Assistant to the CEO (20%)
- Manage calendar and invitations;
- Create and prepare PowerPoint presentations;
- Create meeting agendas and send out meeting invites;
- Coordinate review of agreements and signing procedures;
- Support the CEO on overall planning and coordination
II. Travel and Logistics Support (20%)
- Book travel and accomodation for Secretariat staff working with travel agencies;
- Review travel claims;
- Support planning and logistics for events
III. HR Support (20%)
- Support with recruitment procedures;
- Assist with staff allocation forms;
- Compile and review time reports for the GRP Secretariat staff and consultants;
- Other HR tasks as they emerge
IV. Operations and Administration support (40%)
- Officer support function for the GRP office in South Africa;
- Update reporting calendars;
- Take meeting minutes and circulate meeting minutes;
- Organise folders and documents including archiving of documents;
- Support proposals and forms that need to be filled out;
- Support with other tasks as they emerge
- University degree (Bachelor level), preferable in Organisation and Management or Administration;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with similar tasks;
- Organisation and project management skills, with proven ability in prioritising workloads and meeting deadlines;
- Adept in Excel and other project management tools;
- Adaptive, independent and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced team in a complex international environment;
- Interest in and understanding of resilience and international development cooperation is an asset but not required;
- Excellent ability to express themselves in English, both orally and in writing;
- Availability to travel internationally on occasion
- Reports to GRP’s Head of Operations
- Is part of the Operations and Finance team, working in close coordination with the entire Secretariat and with the CEO
- Working remotely or based at the office in Cape Town, South Africa
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position with a one-year individual contractor agreement that will be subject to renewal. Start date as soon as possible. The contract will include flexible leave days. The position can be based out of the office in Cape Town, South Africa or remotely. GRP strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all. You will be part of a dynamic international team that is flexible, nimble and works collaboratively across country borders.
Salary range 1,800-2,200 USD per month, final salary will be determined based on level of experience.
Please submit your CV (2 pages max) and cover letter (1 page) via this form before 01:00 am CET 11 February 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application!