We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a Private Sector Partnerships and Business Development Junior Officer role as part of the GRP Secretariat. The GRP Secretariat is a diverse, international team that convenes and catalyses actions by the Partners and implements specific activities on behalf of the Partnership. The Private Sector Partnerships and Business Development Junior Officer will be part of a nimble team that operates and collaborates virtually but holds offices in Stockholm, Sweden and in Cape Town, South Africa.
The successful candidate will be dynamic and inspirational with experience in the private sector or private sector relationship management, cultivating opportunities and new business in a fundraising or grant writing environment. They will have the confidence needed to win support from decision-makers, forge new relationships and thrive on enhancing GRP’s current partnerships.
This role will suit a network builder who is structured, reliable, positive and ambitious, with the ability to find solutions independently and creatively. Candidates should be able to work collaboratively; bringing people together to achieve a common purpose. An interest in climate change resilience and sustainability is a plus. We are seeking someone who is autonomous, proactive, and results-focused. This position is best suited for someone who performs well in a fast-paced environment and sees creative solutions instead of obstacles. The position will report to the Private Sector Partnerships and Business Development Lead and work closely with the Head of Programmes and the Head of Innovation and Scaling.
- Support the engagement with key private sector partners through GRP’s role as the implementing partner of the PREPARE Call to Action for the Private Sector. This will include but is not limited to, organising meetings and events, coordinating and amalgamating outputs from private sector partners in concert with the communications team and the US Government, developing a private sector partnership strategy and following due diligence processes for new partners, securing Letters of Intent from partners and partnership agreements.
- Work with the Head of Programmes to develop and drive an ambitious, multi-year strategy to increase and diversify funding in line with the principles of locally-led adaptation.
- Help identify, evaluate, research and cultivate high-potential prospects, including private, public and family foundations, trusts, and bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Help manage relationships with prospective donors, working closely with the Secretariat team, and providing coordination and counsel as needed.
- Work with the Head of Programmes to contribute to grant reporting requirements.
- University degree (Masters level preferable), in a related field. MBA graduates are of particular interest;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience with similar tasks;
- Proven track record of private sector partnership development and resource mobilisation;
- Organisation and project management skills, with proven ability in prioritising workloads and meeting deadlines;
- Adaptive, independent and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced team in a complex international environment;
- Interest in and understanding of resilience and international development cooperation is an asset but not required;
- Excellent ability to express themselves in English, both orally and in writing;
- Availability to travel internationally
- Reports to the GRP Private Sector Partnerships and Business Development Lead
- Is part of the GRP Programmes team, working in close coordination with the entire Secretariat
- Working remotely
Terms of contract
This is a full-time position with a one-year independent contractor agreement that will be subject to renewal. Start date as soon as possible. GRP strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all. You will be part of a dynamic international team that is flexible, nimble and works collaboratively across country borders. The contract will include flexible leave days.
Salary range: USD 1500 per month, final salary will be determined based on level of experience.
Full Terms of Reference available here.
For role-specific questions please contact GRP Private Sector Partnerships and Business Development Lead, Julia Cadaval Martins email@example.com
Please submit your CV (2 pages max) and cover letter (1 page) via this form before 23:59hrs CEST 10 November 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application!