PreventionWeb is a collaborative knowledge sharing platform on disaster risk reduction (DRR), managed by the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR). The site offers a range of knowledge products and services to facilitate the work of DRR professionals. PreventionWeb features content that helps DRR stakeholders better understand disaster risk and learn from the implementation of DRR strategies, policies and measures. PreventionWeb has over 10,000 subscribers and over 90,000 monthly visitors. Content is featured in its knowledge base with a link back to its original source.
- Disaster Risk Reduction Search: Explore Preventionweb knowledge base and filter your search results by year, content type, location, theme and hazard.
- News & Announcements: Disaster risk and resilience in the news, and news from the disaster risk reduction (DRR) community and beyond.
- Documents & Publications: Disaster risk and resilience publications, reports, research papers and case studies.
- Research briefs: Keep up to date with the latest research on disaster risk and resilience.
- Resource guides: These resource guides bring together a selection of reference material on various disaster risk reduction topics and emerging trends.
- DRR Voices Blog: Stories and perspectives from DRR practitioners and academics on reducing risk and building resilience.
- Meetings & Conferences: Professional meetings on DRR themes & issues through conferences and workshops in DRR.
- Disaster Data & Statistics: Global reports on disaster statistics, country profiles and additional resources on collecting disaster loss data.
- Learning from Past Disasters: These collections explore the lessons learned from past disasters, what were the risk drivers, impacts and efforts towards building back better.
- Policy, Plans & Statements: Regional, national policy, plans and official statements on disaster risk, climate adaptation and resilience.
- Educational & Training Materials: Curricular, extra-curricular materials including children’s books, textbooks, lesson plans, activities, games, and online resources on disaster prevention and school safety for primary, secondary, vocational, community-based education.
- Maps: Selected hazard, risk and vulnerability maps.
- Multimedia: Videos, interactive presentations, and CD/DVD-ROM collections related to DRR.
- Terminology: Look up terms from the official UNDDR terminology on disaster risk reduction in English, or view the document for terminology languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spanish.
- United Nations Resolutions & Reports: Key disaster risk reduction related UN resolutions and reports.
- Training: Capacity development on DRR themes & issues through formal training, online courses and webinars.
- Academic Programmes: Higher education programmes including university degree programmes and for-credit certificate or diploma courses with an emphasis on disaster risk reduction.
- Organization Profiles: Organizations working in disaster risk reduction (DRR).
- Jobs: Opportunities for professionals working in DRR.