Summary of Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) Engagement at UNFCCC COP24
The 24th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP24) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) took place in Katowice, Poland from 2-14 December 2018. GRP played an active role in convening, facilitating, and co-organizing various COP24 events.
● Being a hosting partner of the Development & Climate Days;
● Convening two thought leadership sessions: one on Peace & Stability and second on Migration & Urbanisation at the Development & Climate Days;
● Organising and hosting a high level Roundtable on Resilience under the Marrakesh Partnership for Global Climate Action (MPGCA);
● Organising and co-hosting an event on Nature-based solutions with Global Environmental Facility (GEF); and
● Participating in an Action Hub event on Climate Resilience for the Most Vulnerable
GRP’s engagement in all these events was built around the central GRP narrative of Leaving no-one behind, within the context of a more volatile and uncertain climate. Outputs of these sessions were structured as far as possible to contribute tangible ideas and products towards the GRP Action Agendas on 1) Science & Knowledge; 2) Policy & Influence and 3) Practice & Innovation.